Welcome to Ruudje's Weblog!!

This blog hasn't been updated since
Why?? Facebook came along... No need to keep updating the same stuff on two different places.


Saturday, September 08, 2007

New people and new sports

Another really good week went by...

Last Saturday I met him... I knew he was coming for quite some time, but now he's here! Marc Frencken, my former high school classmate arrived in Kunming and we get along just great! After a few beers on Saturday night, we went to watch and play football on Sunday. I think it was the first time in 15 years I played a real football match on a big field and it was great. Painful, but great ;-) Afterwards we decided to go for a bicycle ride and enjoyed it so much that we got back after dark.

On Monday and Tuesday I didn't do anything special. All I really did was preparing classes for the rest of this week. Preparation is quite some work (at least a lot more than I expected/hoped), but I still like doing it. On Wednesday I started teaching again and in the evening I played a game of indoor football. Again a lot of fun with some great people.

Thursday and Friday teaching again. I am getting used to it by now and am taking it a lot slower in classes. To be effective I need to be careful not to use too many "difficult" words and when I use them I should explain them. This takes some time and I get less material covered, but it does give me the feeling that my students actually understand what I am talking about. Did some more cycling in the afternoon with Marc and in the evening we had a dinner with all the American teachers from Oberlin and Whitman (two colleges in the US). And I must say that we once again have a pretty nice group of people.

Now quickly prepare for classes because on Wednesday Mark (Mennen) will be here!!!

Ciao,
El Rudolfo

No comments:

Post a Comment